The Tweed Gallery Cafe and Interactive Theatre International presents:
Faulty Towers The Dining Experience
– this made-in-Australia globetrotting show is truly quite legendary, selling out in places like Sydney Opera House, Raffles Singapore and London’s West End. In this, its 20th birthday year of touring, it comes to Mavis’s Kitchen – but be warned: it’ll sell out here too, so early booking is essential!
Chaos greets audiences as soon as they walk through the door. In this fully immersive experience, the audience become diners in the infamous ‘Faulty’ restaurant, served a 3-course meal by Basil, Sybil and Manuel. Expect lashings of laughter, bowls full of spontaneity and as much audience participation as individual audience members want. And with 70% of the show improvised, no two performances are ever the same.
– ‘Flawless, and I mean flawless’ The Advertiser, Adelaide Fringe 2017
– ‘Hilarious… an unforgettable night out’ The West Australian, Fringe World Perth 2017
– ‘A superb evening of food and comedy’ Limelight Magazine, Sydney Opera House 2016
Born in Brisbane in April 1997, Faulty Towers The Dining Experience is a worldwide hit, appearing in around 20 countries. Highlights of 2017 include a string of return visits to Fringe Festivals in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Edinburgh, and tours in Europe, Scandinavia, Asia, Australia and the Caribbean. With an ongoing residency, too, in the heart of London’s theatre land, it’s clear that Faulty Towers The Dining Experience is the most successful interactive comedy show of its kind.
Ten teams of cast now tour the world virtually non-stop. The cast for Mavis’s Kitchen features Rebecca Norris (Sybil), David Tremaine (Basil) and Philip Oakland (Manuel).
* Performer biogs are on the Actors page at www.torquaysuitetheatre.com
– ‘Definitely worth getting off the couch for’ Stage Whispers, Melbourne International Comedy Festival
EXPERIENCE THE EXPERIENCE!
Venue:The Gallery Cafe, 2 mistral rd, South Murwillumbah NSW 2484
Dates: Sunday 1 July 2018
Times: Doors open at 6:00 pm. Show starts 6:30pm.
Tickets: $99.00 (plus booking fee) per person – all tickets include a 3-course meal and 2-hour interactive show.
Bookings & enquiries: 02 6679 5664 / firstname.lastname@example.org/events
Faulty Towers World Tour 2017 – film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvtW1SVbIiY